As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
September 2, 2020
Want to improve your health but don’t know where to begin? If you haven’t done so already, you can start by choosing a primary care physician (PCP). Think of a PCP as the “quarterback” of your healthcare team – they review your entire health history to identify current problems you are facing, as well as those you may be at risk for in the future. This deeper understanding of your health allows them to guide you through the medical system as you search for higher quality, more personalized care.
What are the specific roles of a PCP?
A primary care doctor can do the following…
- Recommend appropriate preventive care activities, such as screenings and vaccinations, based on your age, gender, and risk factors
- Assist you in managing chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes
- Treat minor illnesses and injuries
- Refer you to specialists when needed
What should I consider when looking for a PCP?
- Participation in your health plan network
- Office location, hours, and physician availability
- Quality and cost ratings
- Your personal preferences – communication style, gender, medical designations (family practice, internal medicine, etc.), etc.
How can I locate a PCP? Visit your insurance carrier’s website. Many have tools that can help you locate high-quality providers that are in your network!
Organizations are in a constant state of change and the Kinetiq Health team supports them every step of the way. A unique formula of people, processes and technologies enables our team to keep an educated eye on the financial and clinical implications of data to move organizations toward improved financial health and employee wellbeing.