As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
Why exercise outside? It’s hard to argue with the many health benefits of regular exercise. Moving that exercise outdoors offers some special benefits over indoor exercise, especially on beautiful sunny days. See a few of those benefits below.
- Just open the door. You’ll find countless routes and settings in your neighborhood, often quicker than traveling to a gym.
- Forget boredom. You can choose a changing environment, especially if you live near a park, shoreline or designated bike path — much more fun than working on a machine, especially with a friend.
- Burn more calories. Wind and outside conditions often make your muscles work harder to overcome the resistance against your body, especially when jogging or biking.
- Connect with your community. Break from screen time to share the fresh air with fellow neighborhood walkers, joggers and bikers.
- Make exercise family time outside. Take your kids routinely to a playground, go biking or hiking and break a sweat — a good step in raising confident kids who grow to appreciate fitness.
- Boost your mood. Allow being outside be a time for you to refresh and renew your mind. According to Time.com, spending time outdoors is one of the fastest ways to improve your health and happiness. It’s been shown to lower stress, blood pressure and heart rate, while encouraging physical activity and boosting mood and mental health.