As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
September 16, 2020
Did you know that September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer among U.S. men. While the exact cause of the disease is unknown, research has identified various factors that contribute to a person’s likelihood of developing prostate cancer:
- Age—The risk increases after age 50.
- Race—African-American men are more likely to develop prostate cancer than Caucasian men.
- Genetics—The chance of getting the disease is more than doubled if a close relative had prostate cancer.
- Being obese or overweight
While many of these risk factors are out of your control, there are things you can do to reduce your risk of prostate cancer or slow the progression of the disease:
- Speak to your physician about being screened for prostate cancer. If you are diagnosed with the disease, early detection can lead to more successful treatment.
- Maintain or work towards a healthy body weight by watching your calorie intake, eating a balanced diet, and participating in regular exercise.
- Reduce the amount of fat in your diet from animal products (meat, dairy, etc.).
- Incorporate more omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. Good sources include tuna, salmon, nuts, and seeds!
Organizations are in a constant state of change and the Kinetiq Health team supports them every step of the way. A unique formula of people, processes and technologies enables our team to keep an educated eye on the financial and clinical implications of data to move organizations toward improved financial health and employee wellbeing.