As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
September 29, 2021
Happy National Women’s Health and Fitness Day!
Today is National Women’s Health and Fitness Day! Health covers all aspects of our life – mental, physical, spiritual, social and intellectual, to name a few.
Every year, the last Wednesday in September is National Women’s Health & Fitness Day. It is the largest national annual health promotion event for women of all ages that, “focuses attention on the importance of regular physical activity and health awareness for women.” There are many ways to celebrate and focus on YOU and your health today.
Everyone is busy. Jobs, families and friends tend to take priority. Health and fitness can suffer due to the crazy demands of life. However, to be our best selves, we must make sure we’re taking care of our health.
Here are five ideas to help celebrate your mind, body, and wellness.
- Try a new fitness activity – Maybe you’ve been wanting to try a new gym or workout, now is the time to sign up! Many gyms have free trials for new members, so take advantage of those. And you don’t have to do it alone – grab a friend to be active with you.
- Schedule your next preventative exam – Take some time today to schedule your next physical, dental or eye exam to make sure you stay on top of your physical health. Exercise isn’t the only way we can celebrate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day.
- Practice self-care – Do something that you love and enjoy today! All aspects of health play into each other, so make sure you’re doing something to keep your spirits calm and positive.
- Grab a friend – Being active with others helps us maintain healthy relationships, all while holding us accountable for exercising! Exercising with friends makes it more fun and practices social health as well.
- Drink more water – Water has so many great effects on the body. Being hydrated helps the brain function, clears skin, and energizes you to get through the day. Take some time to keep track of how much water you drink today.
Challenge yourself to do something out of your ordinary schedule to celebrate today. If you regularly work out, try meditation or something you’ve been putting off for a while. Our bodies and minds can do amazing things, that’s something to celebrate.
Kinetiq Health presents Better Health in 90, a video series of health tips in 90 seconds or less from our expert clinical team.
Happy National Women’s Health and Fitness Day! In this Better Health in 90 video, Community Relations Coordinator and Group Fitness Instructor Lyndsey Isenhower provides ideas to celebrate your mind, body and total wellbeing today.
Read on for more information!
Organizations are in a constant state of change and the Kinetiq Health team supports them every step of the way. A unique formula of people, processes and technologies enables our team to keep an educated eye on the financial and clinical implications of data to move organizations toward improved financial health and employee wellbeing.