As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
In lieu of the holiday, please enjoy this week’s patriotic Wellness Wednesday:
Fourth of July fireworks are as American as apple pie and ice cream. But, while apple pie and ice cream don’t pose much of a threat to safety, fireworks do. According to the National Fire Protection Association, more fires are reported on July 4th than any other day of the year and two out of every five of those fires are fireworks related.
Read below for a few tips on firework safety:
• Fireworks should only be used outdoors on a driveway, sidewalk or other fire-resistant surface. Remember, fires are caused by careless handling of fireworks in areas exposed to sparks or live fireworks.
• Never ignite fireworks during high winds where flying sparks can start a fire. Keep a bucket of water handy in case sparks start a fire.
• Deposit sparklers in a metal container as they may be stepped on while hot.
• Never try to re-ignite fireworks that malfunction or fail to go off.
• Avoid wearing loose clothing when using fireworks.
Patriotic Dessert Recipe: Red, White, and Blueberry Lemonade Pops
[hr height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
Learn how the Apex Population Health team can help you create a culture of wellness at your organization.
[button title=”Learn More” link=”https://apexbg.com/strategic-benefits-consulting/population-health-management/” target=”_blank” align=”center” icon=”” icon_position=”” color=”#002d62″ font_color=”#ffffff” size=”2″ full_width=”” class=”” download=”” rel=”” onclick=””]