As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
Goals for good eating in 2020
As you continue with your healthy resolutions for 2020, use the tips below to help provide another layer of accountability as it applies to healthy eating. These goals can help you stay on track and make better nutritional choices moving forward.
- Keep quality snacks on hand such as lean proteins, vegetables and whole grains.
- Eat meals at about the same time every day. Try to avoid eating very large meals and skipping meals.
- Get much needed fiber from fiber-filled fruits, vegetables, whole grains, peas and beans.
- Stay within your daily calorie allowance. Make it a task to keep track of what you eat and drink daily.
- Save fattening temptations for an occasional indulgence rather than a regular event.
- For lunches, use leftover baked or grilled meat, poultry or fish to dress sandwiches on whole-wheat bread.
- Cook healthy dishes and with planning and a shopping list, so you can make wholesome meals easier.
- At every meal, fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
- Drink water instead of soft drinks, juice and other sugary beverages.
- Read labels to compare ingredients, calories, fat, sodium, cholesterol and sugar.