As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
Fit Cores and Firm Waistlines
Having a fit core and firming up your waistline can improve your appearance and self-esteem. But working hard to achieve 6-pack abs is not a practical goal for most people. Instead, focus on strengthening your core muscles. These muscles connect your upper and lower body, supporting your spine and movement. They include your back, hip, chest, glutes and abdominal area. A weak core contributes to fatigue, back pain, arthritis and other muscle, bone or joint problems.
Benefits to strengthening your core include:
- Enhances balance and stability to help prevent falls and injuries
- Improves flexibility and mobility
- Reduces overall muscle strain from everyday activities
- Enhances performance in sports, exercise and work activities
- Reduces common low back pain and strain
- Supports good posture, which reduces slouching and improves your appearance
Bottom line: Maintaining a fit core will reward you with better energy, health protection and added enjoyment of life in general. And it’s easier than you might think. Click on this link (Core Exercises) to find a few exercises suitable for all fitness levels.
Enjoy the recipe of the week:
Sweet Potato Nachos
Learn how the Apex Population Health team can help you create a culture of wellness at your organization.