Skin Cancer is the most common cancer in the US, with nearly 5 million people each year being treated for skin cancer at a cost of more than $8 billion (CDC). Exposure to UV rays – from the sun or from artificial sources like tanning beds is the most common cause of skin cancer.
“Protect the Skin You’re In” by using these helpful tips below:
- Seek shade, especially during midday hours
- Wear a hat, sunglasses, and protective clothing to shield skin
- Use broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 to protect exposed skin
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, especially after swimming, sweating, or toweling off
- Make it a priority to protect your skin even on cool or cloudy days
View the recipe of the week here: Veggie & Black Bean Tacos!
Learn how the Apex Population Health team can help you create a culture of wellness at your organization.