COVID-19 Financial Impact Report
Understand COVID-19’s probable impact on your future benefit plan costs
Estimate the impact of the coronavirus on future cash flow
As employers and their employees turn their focus toward returning to the workplace, they’re also concerned about the future impact of COVID-19 on their plan costs and company bottom lines. In fact, as we talk to customers about challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the greatest fear is of the unknown, as in, “How much is the going to cost my organization and can we afford it?”
We can tell you. The first step is estimating future impact on your cash flow.
Apex Benefits is excited to offer employers a COVID-19 Financial Impact Report. Using a proprietary impact analysis methodology, our in-house actuaries and clinical analysts utilize employer-specific data to model several different impact scenarios — from best to worst case — on future cash flow and cash reserves when COVID-19 claims are billed and costs for previously postponed treatments and procedures are incurred.
In a few simple steps, you can be better prepared to manage the future financial impact of COVID-19. Fill out the form to receive your report, and watch the video below for more information.
REQUEST YOUR FREE REPORT
Q: How is COVID-19 going to impact my organization financially?
A: We can answer that for you. We just a need a little information to get started.
Simply complete the form above to start the process to receive your free report.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The financial impact of COVID-19 on a company’s finances is far more than just the cost of COVID-19.
Let’s look at cash flow.
- Short term most employers will see a reduction in medical claims/costs.
- Elective procedures postponed reduces the employer cost.
- As people go back to work the result will be that some costs have been eliminated (visits/procedures that never occurred), some costs have simply been delayed (elective procedures) and some costs have increased (cost of COVID-19 cases, “at risk” individuals whose situation has deteriorated).
What does all this mean to an employer’s budget and cash flow?
The answer is “it’s complicated.”
Our Apex financial term is modeling the impact for our employers and prospects and we are taking into account all of these factors, plus several others, in order to project the cash flow impact that employers need in order to better understand THEIR financial position. Fill out to form above to request your free COVID-19 Financial Impact Report.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any U.S.-based employer is eligible to request and receive the free financial impact report.
While the financial impact report can be useful for any employer with more than 50 plan members, it is most useful for self-funded health plan sponsors in the U.S. with 100 plan members or more.
Clinic, urgent care, emergency room visits and additional testing costs are some costs included.
Forecasts are based on the FAIR Health database of over 30 billion private healthcare claim records, and on estimates of Medicare and Medicaid costs, to project costs for COVID-19 patients requiring inpatient stays.
Our financial model uses a combination of basic assumptions such as:
- Decrease in elective procedures
- ER avoidance for less critical issues
- Telemedicine to replace office visits
- Cancellation of many doctor appointments
- Increase in COVID-19 testing and treatment
- Greater ER utilization for flu and cold symptoms
- High risk patients with respiratory issues may remain in hospital longer than normal
- Infants in NICU with respiratory issues may remain in hospital longer than normal