As a team of benefits strategists, we work hard every day to make sure we’re exceeding client expectations and providing the most innovative and value-generating plan designs and advisory services.
Employers that sponsor group health plans should provide certain benefit notices in connection with their plans’ open enrollment periods. Some of these notices must be provided at open enrollment time, such as the summary of benefits and coverage (SBC).
[hr height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
Open Enrollment Notices
- Employers should provide certain benefit notices to their employees at open enrollment time.
- Some benefit notices apply to all group health plans
- Other benefit notices only apply to certain group health plans, based on plan design and coverage
- Medicare Part D Notice
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- WHCRA Notice
- CHIP Notice
- SPD (and SMM, if applicable)
- Notice of Patient Protections
- Wellness Program Notices
Links and Resources
- Department of Labor’s (DOL) website regarding compliance assistance for health plans, which includes links to many model notices
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) website regarding Medicare Part D disclosures
Source: © 2018 Zywave, Inc.